SWEET POTATO CURRY CHICKEN BURRITO
I recently visited Mill Valley in California to photograph a wedding. While there, a local pointed me to this adorable little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, called Punjabi Burrito, that apparently served the best burritos ever in the history of the world. I can confirm, it was by far the best thing to hit my taste buds. As the temperature drops here in southern Ontario, we are constantly searching for quick, easy and hearty meals to fill out bellies. Look no further!
2 chicken breasts, sliced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can organic coconut milk
1 can chick peas
1 large sweet potato, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp cardamom seeds, ground
*leave out the chicken for vegan option.
1. Add all your ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil. Keep chicken and chick peas to the side.
2. While your ingredients come to a boil, chop up your chicken breast into small bite sized pieces.
3. Heat up a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chicken and brown.
4. Once chicken is cooked through (no longer pink), add the cooked chicken and chick peas to the mixture. Allow to boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
5. While your pot is simmering, cook 3 to 4 cups of long grain (or basmati) rice.
6. Add cooked rice to mixture. Remove from heat and stir. Serve atop roti!